If you thinking about writing a book and the story is in your mind and want to know about the upcoming processes and getting complete information regarding illustrations, Book design and self publishing of the book.
Writing and self publishing a children’s book is a challenging task because there are various processes involved at each stage. We take you through each stage one by one.
1) Writing :- The manuscript must be ready for moving ahead, although changes can be made at any stage, but the story line must be appealing and relevant for a kid , specially for the age that you are targeting. The manuscript must be error free and the flow should be engaging and interesting.
2) Illustrations :-:- After the manuscript is complete, you will need an illustrator to do the children book illustrations or drawings. This is an extremely essential part of the book and kids are specially attracted to the illustrations. The success of Children books largely depends upon the illustrations. You should review various illustration styles and then choose any one style which you think will suit your story the most. Check out our portfolio page, where we have many illustration styles.
3) Book design :-:- After the illustrations are complete, you will need someone who can put everything in the form of a book and which can be printed in the form of a book. This whole process is called Book designing and it consists of two parts
A) Book Cover :-:- The book cover is the cover of the book and is the outermost part of the book which your reader looks at. It usually has an illustration and the title written over it. The book cover includes the front cover and the back cover, front cover has the title written over it and
the back cover has the reviews(if any) and the barcode.
B) Inside book design/Layout :-:- The interior pages of the book like the Title page, Author’s page, preface, Introduction, copyright page,dedication page etc are very essential because these are standard pages and they need to be designed well so that the readers actually enjoy reading them and
can connect with the Author. ISBN is also inserted on the copyright page at this stage.
The selection of the font, size of the text , illustration layout and the placement of the text against the illustrations. Many times, a little editing is needed and the full illustrations are not used, a part of that needs to be cropped to give the best look to the pages. Also, margins may be given some borders to make them look interesting. The pages can be fully colored or black and white and more design aspects are decided here to get the best look for the book.
We will give you a PDF copy of final book design for proof reading and inn case of changes, they
will be carried out without any hassles.
4) Self publishing :-:- After the book design is complete the book can be put for sale and also printed. In a way you can easily say that the book has already been self published during the book design process itself. Given that the ISBN and the Barcode was provided by the Author. Now the important part is the selling of the books. For that an Author needs a platform from where readers can come and purchase the book. Door to door marketing and meetings in school, library, community gatherings etc is also a way but in today’s world, you will need to make use of the available technology. There are two possible ways to do that.
A) Print publishing :-:- Under this type of publishing , the book is Self published on platforms like Amazon.com, Barnes &Noble, Baker &Taylor etc. The reader will directly order your books from these websites and he/she will get the hardcopy of your book. Every book sold results in a profit
to the Author and a little portion goes as a royalty to these companies. Click to know more
about our publishing options.
B) E-book Publishing :-:- Today’s readers are changing and they want everything quick and easy. E-book is emerging as a huge opportunity for Author’s. The e-book is directly downloaded on the mobile phone, computer, tablet, I pad etc and the reader can read it on the device itself. There
are various formats of E-books and we offer all the formats. Click to see more about e-book
5) Author’s promotion :- :- After everything has been done, its essential to spread the word that you have written a book and the title of the book is XYZ. Also, your potential readers must know what is special about this book and why they must read it. With the social media, getting the ,message across is not difficult but you must make efforts in the right direction. You must make good use of the right communities on facebook, twitter, Google+. Also, you must have a website with which you can directly connect with your readers. To know more about our approach to connect with potential book readers,